RE-EMPLOYMENT ASSISTANCE CLAIMS
In 2012, Florida's Unemployment Compensation was renamed Re-Employment Assistance.
The CONNECT system launched in 2013. The automated system allows jobseekers to file, manage and check in on their Re-employment Assistance (unemployment) claims. The system is available 24 hours a day for claimants to:
- Access your account 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- View all of your claim information in one convenient place, including whether you have weeks to claim, issues to resolve, or any requests for additional information to process your claim.
- Update information anytime – including change of address or phone number.
- Choose the way you receive notifications from us – either electronically or by U.S. mail.
DEO offers assistance to people who do not speak English as their primary language and those who have a limited ability to read, speak, write, or understand English. They also provide assistance to people who are unable to file a claim for various reasons.
To speak to a Creole or Spanish speaker or use translation services, call the Contact Center at 800-204-2418. People who need assistance filing a claim online because of legal reasons, computer illiteracy, language barriers, or disabilities may call 800-681-8102.
DEO’s Contact Center is open extended hours Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. until 7 p.m. EST and Saturday, 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. EST to help claimants with CONNECT. The Contact Center phone number is 800-204-2418.
You may experience extended customer service wait times and busier phone lines. To help assist as many people as possible, DEO has increased the number of customer service representatives as well as extended the customer service hours.
DEO has provided the following resources to help you with the new system:
·CONNECT Letter to Claimants
· CONNECT Claimant Quick Start Guide with instructions for filing before and after the launch
· CONNECT video that shows you how to claim weeks
· CONNECT Claimant User Guide
· CONNECT Third Party Representative (TPR) User Guide
· CONNECT Awareness Poster
Contact DEO with questions and concerns about CONNECT on Twitter at @FLCONNECTor @FLDEO on Facebook.