Northeast florida's Regional Demand Occupations List
The Regional Demand Occupations List is designed to direct federal workforce funding to post secondary programs that will prepare students for high-demand, high-wage occupations. The list is based on data about job growth in high-wage occupations and is formally reviewed twice a year. We use the list to guide funding toward career education programs that will produce qualified workers to meet businesses’ needs. We can only invest Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WOIA) training funds into occupations that have been researched, verified by accredited sources and which appear on the Regional Demand Occupations List.
Data to support the Regional Demand Occupations List comes from sources which include:
Florida’s 24 Regional Workforce Boards (RWBs) are also asked to view and submit local input and requests for adding or deleting occupations on their preliminary Regional Demand Occupations Lists.
Previously, requests for additions or deletions to a particular regional list were only accepted during designated time periods. Beginning July 1, we will be soliciting input on demand occupations on a quarterly basis.
We will ask training providers, business and other community stakeholders to submit feedback on occupations that will grow in our region over the next 24 months. We will send an online survey link to interested parties and inform them of the deadline by which they must reply. This continuous feedback system will allow us to respond quickly and effectively to imminent hiring needs for existing, expanding, or relocating companies.
If you would like to be included in the future quarterly surveys, email your contact information to us at email@example.com
- Your name, title and company or organization
- Your address, email and phone number so we can get in touch with you
Your feedback is important
We are currently reviewing occupations for the 2016 – 2017 Regional Demand Occupations List. If you would like to comment on the proposed added or deleted occupations, you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include in your comments:
- What occupation you want to add to (or retain on) the Regional Demand Occupations List.
- Brief description of job (to help us track it correctly through ONET codes)
- The number of openings (turnover + job growth) you anticipate through 2017 in Baker, Clay, Duval, Nassau, Putnam and St. Johns counties
- Your data source for predicting hiring (company(ies) or data source(s))
- Entry level and/or mean wage for this occupation
- Your name and contact information so we can follow up with you if necessary
The 2016-2017 Regional Demand Occupations List for our region became effective July 1, 2016. We will review the list again October 1, 2016.
If you would like to comment on proposed added or deleted occupations, you may email us at email@example.com