Department of Economic Opportunity (DEO), CareerSource Northeast Florida Jacksonville, Florida, United States
Employment Security Representative II – Jacksonville, FL
Full-time – This is a State of Florida funded position – Grade 017
Condition of Employment:
As a condition of pre-employment eligibility, a Level 2 security background screening is required, which consists of fingerprinting and a check of local, state and national law enforcement records.
The Employment Security Representative II position is a professional position within the CareerSource One Stop system responsible for providing training, education, career counseling and job placement services to a broad range of customers. These services are identified as Career Services: i.e. basic career services and individualized career services in accordance with Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act, WIOA Title III. The specific work unit in which the position is located in our Southside Career Center located in Jacksonville, FL
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greets customers and provides information on the CareerSource Service system, labor market information, hiring trends, employment opportunities and employer demands.
- Provides basic career services to all individuals seeking services either through individual assistance or group orientations.
- Interviews and performs assessments to determine customer’s job readiness through aptitudes, interests, personal characteristics, education and work history, skill levels, language proficiency and supportive service needs.
- Provides Labor Exchange servicesthrough one-on-one or in a group orientation which consist of interviewing techniques, effective job searches, resumes assistance, employment applications, and other skills relating to eliminating barriers to become self-sufficient and securing gainful employment.
- Refers customers to community resources for appropriate employment related services and/or available supportive services through these sources as well as other programs…i.e. Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF), VETERAN PROGRAMS.
- Provides individualized career services by engaging with customers to determine that these services are appropriate for an individual to obtain or retain employment.
- These services include: comprehensive and specialized assessments of skill levels and services needed, in-depth interviewing and evaluation to identify employment barriers and employment goals; development of an individual employment plan; group and/or individual counseling and mentoring; career planning (e.g. case management); short-term and long-term pre-vocational services; and coordination of internships and work experiences that are linked to careers, as well as financial literacy services, and workforce preparation activities that help an individual acquire basic academic, critical thinking, self-management skills as well as other competencies.
- Records and monitors customer interaction and contact on a daily basis by entering data into appropriate system (Employ Florida (EF), Cabinet Document Management Solutions etc.)
- Promotes CareerSource services and programs throughout the community via telephone, email and social media. Participates in job fairs and recruitments as required.
- Performs other related duties as require or assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of the labor exchange process, strong customer relations skills
- Computer application skills, working knowledge/experience using Microsoft applications
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in individual and group settings, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Ability to utilize problem-solving techniques
- Knowledge of the principles and techniques of effective customer service and the ability to provide excellent customer service
- Skilled in group presentations, workshop instruction and/or facilitation
- Ability to deal with the public in a tactful, courteous and effective manner
- Knowledge of the basic principles of counseling and case management
- Ability to conduct effective interviews
- Ability to listen effectively
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others
- Ability to work independently by planning, organizing and coordinating work assignments
- Ability to understand and apply applicable rules, regulations, policies and procedures
- Ability to work relatively independently at times and with supervision as needed
Other Requirements that may be required for the position:
- The incumbent must possess or obtain certification as a Workforce Professional Tier 1 within one year of employment in the position.
- Required to travel locally and must furnish own transportation.
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university and two year of professional employment security, business/management, administrative, or communication experience. (May substitute experience noted above on a year for year basis for college degree).
- Professional or nonprofessional experience in areas related to employment security: interviewing, counseling, job placement, aptitude testing and assessments, job development, or job analysis may substitute on a year-for-year basis for the required college education
- State Group Insurance coverage options+ (health, life, dental, vision, and other supplemental options)
- Retirement plan options, including employer contributions (FYI, please click www.myfrs.com)
- Nine paid holidays and a Personal Holiday each year
- Annual and Sick Leave Benefits
- Student Loan Forgiveness Program (Eligibility required)
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Tuition Fee Waivers (Accepted by major Florida colleges/universities)
- Ongoing comprehensive training provided
- Career Growth
- Highly skilled, professional environment
Working Hours: (A) Daily from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (B) Total Hours in workweek: 40 (C) Workweek: Monday – Friday
Work hours may fluctuate. Alternative/flex schedules as approved.
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable qualified persons with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
DEO has an opening for one (1) Employment Security Representative II located at Southside Career Center, 11160 Beach Blvd, Ste 111, Jacksonville, FL 32246. Position opens on Nov 16, 2021 and closes on Nov 29, 2021. Interested candidates can apply at https://jobs.myflorida.com