- This event has passed.
JobNewsUSA.com Jacksonville Hiring Event
March 25 @ 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
EVENT DESCRIPTION: Jacksonville Hiring Event
Thursday March 25th, 2021 at 10 am!!
JOB SEEKERS CAN PRE-REGISTER AT: https://www.jobnewsusa.com/job_fairs
** Companies will be hiring for Hundreds of Positions in a variety of industries *
Job News USA, will be hosting a Hiring Event from 10 am to 2 pm on Thursday March 25th, 2021 at DoubleTree Hotel – Riverfront, located in Downtown Jacksonville at 1201 Riverplace Blvd. Jacksonville, FL 32207
JOB SEEKERS CAN PRE-REGISTER AT: www.jobnewsusa.com/job_fairs
** Booth space is still available and employers can call District Manager Andrew Lemister at (904) 296-3006 for additional information.
This is a unique opportunity for job seekers to get guaranteed facetime and make personal connections with recruiters and hiring managers from some of Northeast Florida’s best companies and organizations.
FREE JOB SEEKER ADMISSION – FREE PARKING
** Bilingual (Spanish) job seeker assistance will be available to help you land your new job **
Companies and organizations will be looking to fill “Hundreds of Positions” including the following:
Burnham Construction, Inc: Heavy Equipment Operators, Various Construction jobs
A Care Connection: Certified Nursing Assistants (CNAs), Registered Nurses, Physical Therapists, Home Health Aides, Companion Caregivers
ACI Learning: Career Training Consultants and Technical Instructors
Allied Universal – Now Hiring for Over 80 Positions Including: Armed Security Officers, Unarmed Security Officers. Full and Part-Time Positions
City of Jacksonville – Military Affairs – Veteran Services Information: Senior Accountant, Associate Engineer, Carpenter, Delegation Coordinator, Emergency Preparedness Planner, Executive Assistant I – Library Services, Field Evaluator, Firefighters, Fleet Preventative Maintenance Technician, Legal Assistant / Paralegal, Machinist, Maintenance Worker, Park Ranger, Part-Time Customer Service Rep – Bilingual, Revenue Collector, Solid Waste Truck Driver
DeVry University / Keller Graduate School of Management: Associate, Bachelor, and Master’s Degree Programs along with Undergraduate and Graduate certificates. Courses are conveniently offered in 8 week sessions to allow for a more individualized focus. DeVry University has a long history of helping current and former members of the U.S. military reach their higher education goals with a variety of tech-infused degree programs and other benefits for military students.
Elo Restoration: Project Managers, Sales Administrators, Customer Service Representatives
Enhanced Resource Centers – Hiring For Over 50 Positions Including: Collections Agent, Mortgage Customer Service and Sales Agent, Operational Support Specialist, Information Technology Risk Manager, Accounts Receivable Processor, Operations Support Manager, and more.
G4S – Dozens of Positions Including: Armed and Unarmed Security Officers
GATE – Hiring For Over 50 Positions at Multiple Locations Including: Managers in Training, Assistant Store Managers in Training, Store Associates, Food Service Associates
Heavy Equipment Colleges of America: Admissions Representatives, Equipment Trainer, Career Services Representatives
LaborMax Staffing – Hiring For Over 100 Positions Including: Clerical, Warehouse Associates, Construction (All Trades), Various Hospitality Positions, Skilled Trades in HVAC, Plumbing, & Restoration
Massey Services: Manager Trainees, Pest Control Technicians, Outside Sales Representatives, Lawn Technicians
Military Sealift Command: Radio Electronics Technician, Electrician, Marine Engineering, Deck Engineer Machinist, Pumpman, DeckHands/Seamanship, Logistics, Storekeeping, Cook, Baker, Assistant Cook, Chief Cook, Medical Services Officer
Radius Global Solutions – Hiring for 20+ Positions Including: 3rd Party Collectors, Collections Supervisor, Entry Level Collectors, Medical Collectors
Shipyard Staffing – Over 75 Positions Including: CDL A – Bus Drivers, Electricians, Electrician Apprentice, Welders, Welder Apprentice, Pipefitters, Pipefitter Apprentice, Shipfitters, Shipfitter Apprentice, Logistics Planner/Scheduler, Project Managers, Forklift Operators, CDL A Drivers, CDL B Drivers, Marine Painters, Painters, Outside Machinists, Insulators, Laggers, Riggers, Sheet Metal Mechanics, Sheet Metal Fitters, General Laborers
UDI: Customer Service Representatives, Service Technicians, Appointment Setters, Canvassers
US Air Force / US Space Force – 100’s of Opportunities in Air/Space/Cyberspace Career Fields: Aircraft Maintenance Engineers, Space Systems Operations, Cyber Security Specialists, Intelligence Analysts and 100’s more to choose from. Find out more at: airforce.com
US Army – Over 150 Opportunities Available at: www.goarmy.com
We are adding more and more Companies everyday so visit our website: www.jobnewsusa.com/job_fairs for our updated list of participants.
*Booth space is still available and employers can call Andrew at (904) 296-3006 for additional information about attending this event.
JOB SEEKERS CAN PRE-REGISTER AT:
Free parking is available in the parking garage underneath the hotel.
At Job News USA, we recognize that the health and wellness of every partner and attendee is crucial to fostering a safe environment. We remain committed to preventing illness at our events and ask that you join us in our efforts to minimize the spreading of germs.
All participants Must Wear A Face Mask to attend and follow all social distances guidelines.
Hand sanitizing stations will be set up throughout the facility and we encourage everyone to use them frequently.
If you are not feeling well, please do not attend this event. The next Jacksonville Job Fair will be on April 29th, 2021 at this same location.
Do not shake hands with others
Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth during the event.
When you attend the Job Fair you can:
Meet one-on-one with recruiters and hiring managers who you might not normally have a chance to meet with.
Learn about upcoming job opportunities so new they haven’t been advertised yet.
Possibly walk away with a job! Some employers offer on-the-spot interviews and job offers.
How to GET HIRED:
1. Visit jobnewsusa.com before the event and pre-register (you can also do this at the door). On the site you will be able to view the event directory so you can see who is hiring and what jobs are available.
2. Get a game plan and research companies of interest from the directory. Develop tailored resumes for the companies you want to apply with.
3. Have a clear career focus. Be prepared with an answer to one of the first questions each recruiter is going to ask you: “So, why are you here today?”
4. Sharpen and rehearse your elevator speech. Your elevator speech can be a great response to the typical interview question, “tell me about yourself.”
5. Prepare and practice responses to typical interview questions. “Tell me what you know about our organization?” “Why do you want to work here?” “What are you looking to do?” “What are your goals?”
6. Sketch out a few questions to ask each recruiter.
7. Dress professionally! Clean-cut, well-fitting, conservative.
8. Make a good first and lasting impression! Wait patiently in line for your chance to meet with the recruiter and make sure you ask for their contact information before leaving.
9. Jot down notes as soon as you are done with the recruiter and include these notes in your thank you email that you will send when you get home.
10. Follow up! It is critical to continue to express your interest in joining their team and restate the value you can provide them that no one else can provide.
11. Make sure you arrange for child care the day of the event. You wouldn’t bring your child to an interview – don’t bring them to Career Fair. Career Fairs should be viewed as 30 interviews in one day!
We continue to add more Companies so visit our website: https://www.jobnewsusa.com/job_fairs for our updated list of participants.
Have an upcoming hiring event? Add it to our events calendar. Submit your event!