CareerSource Northeast Florida Jacksonville, Florida, United States
Requisition Number: (REQ 20211112)
Full-time – This is a full-time position – Grade 6
Condition of Employment:
As a condition of pre-employment eligibility, a drug test and a Level 1 security background screening is required, which consists of fingerprinting and a check of local, state and national law enforcement records.
Works under the general direction of the District Director with minimal supervision. Manages and directs Workforce Service Representatives and all staff assigned to the One-Stop Center to include center partners. This is a position working with the general public and is designated as a position of special trust. Specific duties include but are not limited to the following:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively manages the performance of staff members to include: ensures job duties and responsibilities are understood; assigns and manages work schedules; defines and communicates performance standards; develops corrective actions to address staff deficiencies; documents performance and makes recommendations on hiring and dismissal of staff if deemed necessary.
- Assumes accountability for obtaining defined performance standards; provides and documents ongoing communication and training to foster success of team and company.
- Responsible for maintaining procedures/workflows accurately and in compliance with established local procedures and other defined mandates.
- Develops and implements employee training and development goals and guidelines; cross trains all positions.
- Performs monitoring of workloads assigned to each team member and documents reviews; develops and implements performance improvement plans and/or training as needed.
- Maintains direct and constant contact with District Director; prepares and provides written reports detailing activities of individual members and team as a whole; addresses areas of concern; implements corrective action procedures.
- Continuously examines the quality and efficiency of customer services provided and outcomes achieved. Develops and recommends process improvements as needed.
- Addresses and effectively resolves customer complaints and issues escalated to management level. Schedules and attends meetings with customers to resolve issues that have not been resolved. Provides training and direction to team member(s) to prevent future need for management intervention.
- Develops and implements system of analysis and quality assurance. Ensures documentation, compliance and procedures adhere to monitoring/auditing standards. Provides direct oversight of performance to maintain highest level of monitoring/auditing compliance in accordance with local and state requirements.
- Uses current and evolving technology in the performance of the Center’s operational requirements and insures team members are trained and knowledgeable on available equipment as needed.
- Responsible for ensuring payroll (employee timesheets) are submitted accurately and on time prior to approval.
- Conducts scheduled, recurring staff meetings with workforce services staff for multi-purpose information sharing. Meets regularly with senior, designated staff from each organization represented in the Center to review matters of mutual interest and concern.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides interpretation and implementation of local, state and federal regulations, statutes, policies and procedures when necessary.
- Addresses non-routine inquiries that may require deviation from standard screens, scripts and procedures.
- Coordinates the collection and processing of required forms and documents from other centers, partner agencies and customers.
- Actively involved in the recruitment, interviewing and hiring decisions made at center level.
- Maintains professional relationships with other agencies, community groups and business partners to enhance the services and opportunities available to CareerSource customers.
- Contributes to a safe working environment by being prepared to take action should a health or safety emergency occur.
- Applies the concepts of LEAN to all facets of work responsibilities.
- Participates in 15 hours of continuing education to maintain Workforce Professional Certification.
- Ensures customer privacy by following HIPAA rules.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of/ability to communicate effectively in a One-Stop Service oriented environment: speaks clearly and correctly, communicates effectively in writing and ability to listen effectively.
- Knowledge of/ability to understand and apply applicable Local, State and Federal program requirements.
- Knowledge of/ability to learn and develop proficiency in computer applications and CareerSource technology and systems, including but not limited to, Employ Florida, the CareerSource website and others determined by management.
- Ability to work independently by planning, organizing and coordinating work assignments.
- Ability to work effectively in a team Center environment; maintains a professional working relationship with management, colleagues and other agencies and uses good judgment in recognizing scope of authority.
- Ability to manage high volume customer activity efficiently and courteously; communicates effectively in a service oriented center environment: speaks clearly and correctly, communicates effectively verbally and in writing and listens effectively.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality when exposed to sensitive information/issues.
- Ability to analyze, problem solve and make good decisions in difficult and changing situations.
- Regional travel required. Valid driver’s license with good driving record and dependable private vehicle for travel.
These worker characteristics are normally acquired through a Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized four-year college or university and two years experience in career development or related experience and/or training to include knowledge of the above named programs. Professional or nonprofessional experience may substitute on a year-for-year basis for the required college education. Florida Workforce Professional Tier I mandatory within twelve (12) months of date of hire.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and/or stand (possibly 8 hours per day), talk, see, hear and extensive use of hands. The employee is regularly required to stand, walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is consistent with a standard office environment. Temperature fluctuates. Lighting is standard office fluorescent.
Medical, Dental, Life Insurance (1 x annual base at no cost), Vision, FSA, TriCare Supplemental, AFLAC Supplemental, Florida Retirement System (Pension/Investment), Employee Assistance Program, Annual leave, Sick leave, two Personal Days, nine paid Holidays
Working Hours: (A) Daily from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (B) Total Hours in workweek: 40 (C) Workweek: Monday – Friday
Work hours may fluctuate. Alternative/flex schedules as approved.
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable qualified persons with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Submission Instructions Position opened on November 15, 2021 and closes on November 29, 2021. Interested candidates please send resumes to Renee Williams @ email@example.com.