Everyone’s job search is different. We’re here for you if you need a partner. We’re a federally funded, nonprofit agency working with the State of Florida and many community partners to provide you with job preparation services – at no cost to you.
Online Orientation to our Services
Learn about all the services available to job seekers by viewing our online orientation.
Explore individual sections or view the entire site. You can browse modules by clicking the Menu link; each module also contains a PDF transcript if you don’t want to use the sound. If you need help accessing the site, click the disability image to find support, including larger text and other ways to increase screen visibility.
We also offer:
- Resource Rooms: Free access to computers with high-speed Internet access, phones, fax machines, copy machines, and printers are available at one of our Career Centers.
- Mobile Access Points: Through partnerships with schools, government offices, libraries, and churches, CareerSource NEFL has created a mobile team of employment experts to help you get the tools you need to prepare you for your next job. See the schedule.
- Reemployment Assistance: If you need information about Reemployment Assistance Program or how to file claims, visit our CareerSource NEFL Career Centers or call toll-free 1 (877) 516-9458.
- Find a Job: CareerSource NEFL Career Centers offer state-of-the-art job matching services. With customer service representatives on hand, we give you the support you need to get back in the game.
- Apprenticeships: Want to earn while you learn. Apprenticeship may be for you.
- Educational Opportunities: If you are having difficulty matching your skills to available job opportunities, training may be an option. Training opportunities, free work- and life-related workshops, and job fairs are available.
- Veterans Services: Our highly trained staff of veterans employment specialists can help you make the transition into civilian life or improve your current job situation.
- Workers with Disabilities: Find your way through all of the complex levels of entitlement programs, the ADA, and career guidance.
- Young Job Seekers: We can help job seekers ages 16 to 24 find a summer job, explore career opportunities, set up interviews, or explore additional resources for education and training.
- Senior Services Employment Program: The Senior Community Service Employment Program (SCSEP) is a community service and work-based job training program for older Americans.
- Professional Network: Career transition services for professionals are offered through networking, workshops, and business partnerships.
- Public Assistance and Community Transition: CareerSource NEFL can guide you through the requirements and application processes for public assistance through the Welfare to Work program. Based on your eligibility, you may get temporary cash assistance (TANF), SNAP (formerly food stamps), and child-care assistance, while looking for a job. If your background includes legal problems that prevent you from qualifying for a job, we can help. Through regional partnerships, CareerSource NEFL is able to provide special services to help you make your workplace transition successful. We can also provide additional resources through other partnering agencies, including domestic violence counseling, vocational rehabilitation, charitable organizations, and other community service organizations.
CareerSource NEFL Workforce Services Representative George Skinner poses with Individual Training Accounts (ITA) recipient Arianna Grondin, who obtained scholarship assistance to enter the Florida State College of Jacksonville (FSCJ) Nursing Program and will soon receive her Associates Degree to start a new career in that field.
“I don’t know how else I would have been able to do this without CareerSource Northeast Florida,” Grondin says. “
ITA Scholarship Recipient – Nursing Student
American Job Center Partners
Our Gateway Career Center is our American Job Center, offering access to a variety of community organizations and agencies right on site. Access the documents below to find information on AJC partners and a schedule of service hours.
AJC One-Stop Flyer