RE-EMPLOYMENT ASSISTANCE CLAIMS
Having trouble filing your claim online? Here's a downloadable paper version you can mail.
The Department of Economic Opportunity (DEO) has developed a downloadable application that is available at the link below. You need to scroll down the page a bit and the you will see a link that says “Download Paper Application”. People can download the form, complete it, and mail it to the address provided by DEO. This method will likely take a bit longer in terms of getting benefits but it does provide an alternative way of applying.
File your claim online
CONNECT is an automated system allows jobseekers to file, manage and check in on their Re-employment Assistance (unemployment) claims. The system is available 24 hours a day for claimants to:
- Access your account 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- View all of your claim information in one convenient place, including whether you have weeks to claim, issues to resolve, or any requests for additional information to process your claim.
- Update information anytime – including change of address or phone number.
- Choose the way you receive notifications from us – either electronically or by U.S. mail.
CONTACT DEO DIRECTLY AT 1-800-204-2418
You will first be connected to our Automated Telephone System and presented with several self-service options. If you still need further assistance, you may select to be transferred to the RA Hotline to speak with a Contact Center Representative.
RA Automated Telephone System:
- Access to information 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Important program messages
- Basic account information
- Ability to change your PIN
- Up-to-date payment information
- Staffed Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM until 5:00 PM EST
- Information about filing a Reemployment Assistance application
- Ask questions about requesting benefit payment
- Obtain detailed information about your account
- All other inquiries
Do you need to log your work search activities? Use this PDF form.
Agency Assist - People who need assistance filing a claim online because of legal reasons, computer illiteracy, language barriers, or disabilities may call 1-800-681-8102.
RA Fraud Hotline - Reemployment Assistance Fraud is a third-degree felony and can result in jail time. Report RA fraud online or you may also report fraud by calling 1-800-342-9909.
Employer Contact Line – For assistance related to an employer’s CONNECT account, responding to requests for information, and chargeability issues, employers may call 1-877-846-8770.
DEO has provided the following resources to help you:
- Office for Civil Rights
- Claimant FAQs
- CONNECT Claimant User Guide
- CONNECT Third Party Representative (TPR) User Guide
- Benefits Hearing Appeals Pamphlbri_englishet
- Benefits Rights Information Booklet
- Exemption Notice
- Flyer: Top Ten Things You Should Know
- Flyer: Reemployment Assistance Fraud
- Reemployment Assistance Forms
- 211 Hotline
Explore careers. Make a plan for education. Prepare for work. Land your dream job. It all starts here. Florida offers you a one stop site for planning your career and college education.