RE-EMPLOYMENT ASSISTANCE CLAIMS
In 2012, Florida's Unemployment Compensation was renamed Re-Employment Assistance.
The CONNECT system launched in 2013. The automated system allows jobseekers to file, manage and check in on their Re-employment Assistance (unemployment) claims. The system is available 24 hours a day for claimants to:
- Access your account 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- View all of your claim information in one convenient place, including whether you have weeks to claim, issues to resolve, or any requests for additional information to process your claim.
- Update information anytime – including change of address or phone number.
- Choose the way you receive notifications from us – either electronically or by U.S. mail.
CONTACT DEO DIRECTLY AT 1-800-204-2418
You will first be connected to our Automated Telephone System and presented with several self-service options. If you still need further assistance, you may select to be transferred to the RA Hotline to speak with a Contact Center Representative.
RA Automated Telephone System:
- Access to information 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Important program messages
- Basic account information
- Ability to change your PIN
- Up-to-date payment information
- Staffed Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM until 5:00 PM EST
- Information about filing a Reemployment Assistance application
- Ask questions about requesting benefit payment
- Obtain detailed information about your account
- All other inquiries
Do you need to log your work search activities? Use this PDF form.
Agency Assist - People who need assistance filing a claim online because of legal reasons, computer illiteracy, language barriers, or disabilities may call 1-800-681-8102.
RA Fraud Hotline - Reemployment Assistance Fraud is a third-degree felony and can result in jail time. Report RA fraud online or you may also report fraud by calling 1-800-342-9909.
Employer Contact Line – For assistance related to an employer’s CONNECT account, responding to requests for information, and chargeability issues, employers may call 1-877-846-8770.
DEO has provided the following resources to help you:
- Office for Civil Rights
- Claimant FAQs
- CONNECT Claimant User Guide
- CONNECT Third Party Representative (TPR) User Guide
- Benefits Hearing Appeals Pamphlbri_englishet
- Benefits Rights Information Booklet
- Exemption Notice
- Flyer: Top Ten Things You Should Know
- Flyer: Reemployment Assistance Fraud
- Reemployment Assistance Forms
- 211 Hotline
Explore careers. Make a plan for education. Prepare for work. Land your dream job. It all starts here. Florida offers you a one stop site for planning your career and college education.