Layoff Assistance for Local Businesses
Funded through federal training and employment programs, CareerSource NEFL is able to provide layoff assistance services at no cost to local businesses. Workforce reductions aren’t easy, but with help from a CareerSource NEFL Rapid Response Coordinator, you can tap into the resources available to assist your employees during this transition. Share information about our services with employees who will be affected by the layoff. Access our career transition page.
Find information on filing a WARN notice here.
CareerSource NEFL Rapid Response Coordinator
Your CareerSource NEFL Rapid Response Coordinator will meet with you to discuss your reduction plan and provide an overview of CareerSource services that can be offered to affected employees.
Rapid Response Coordinators can help provide you with the following services:
- Reemployment Assistance: CareerSource NEFL provides workers with comprehensive information on how to file for reemployment assistance and what to expect from the claims process.
- Take your team to the next level: Federal funding may be available for training and reemployment of your employees through the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act.
- Community Services to Aid Laid-Off Workers: Let CareerSource NEFL help connect laid-off workers to community services like Florida KidCare, which provides affordable health coverage for children based on family income.
- Tax Implications of Job Loss: CareerSource NEFL helps laid-off workers get information from the Internal Revenue Service about how their taxes are affected by job loss.
- CareerSource NEFL Job Preparation Services: CareerSource NEFL provides a variety of tools that job seekers can use to prepare for their next job such as career transition services, veteran services, and the CareerSource Professional Network.
- Share information about our services with employees who will be affected by the layoff. Access our career transition page.
Getting help just got easier
CareerSource Northeast Florida wants to help you find the resources you need. Click the button below to email us.